Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Florida Ranch Rodeo Finals

There is always something going on at the Silver Spurs Arena! This past weekend, my husband and I went to the Ranch Rodeo Finals. We both love rodeos, so it was the perfect date! Each week there is usually some kind of event going on at the arena so check out their website for fun things to do! 
We got to the arena around 10:00 AM on Saturday for the Working Florida Cowdog Competition. This was an event that my husband had been dying to see. In Florida, it is common for cowboys to use dogs when working cows. In this event, cowboys had to get their cowdogs to do certain things to the cows in a certain amount of time. It was amazing to see how trained the dogs were! The cowboys barely had to say a word to get their dogs to do what they wanted. I didn't always know what was going on so I had to ask my husband a ton of questions. He didn't mind though, because he knows a lot about that stuff since he works on a ranch. My husband and I both really enjoyed this event!
good
We came back to the arena at 7:00 PM that night for the actual rodeo. They had so many different events to watch! They had bronc riding, calf branding, wild-cow milking, team doctoring, double mugging, team sorting, colt riding, and the stampede race. My favorites to watch were the bronc riding, wild-cow milking, and the colt riding. They also had really yummy food! We got a fresh baked pretzel and nachos. 
thumbnail_img_3943
thumbnail_img_3939
Tickets were only $10 each, which isn't bad for three hour entertainment. Ranch rodeos are fun for everyone- you don't have to be "country people" to have a good time!
Make sure to check out the other events going on at the Silver Spurs Arena, because there is always something! The next event that caught my eye is the 7th Annual Steak and Lobsterfest. My husband and I both love steak and lobster so we may just have to make it into a date! It includes dinner and musical entertainment- can't beat that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment